Thursday, December 11, 2008

Here's what I don't understand:

I go to my counseling appointment. The whole room stinks of pipe smoke. It's coming from his body, from each breath, he's walking emphasima. The man is grey. His skin looks terrible, he's kind've sweaty and nervous. I've been four times now and he's always wearing the same clothes. He uses the word wary when he should be saying weary and jumbles up his pop culture. Today, I guess he was trying to appear 'hip' or 'down' with youth culture and he started talking about my 'emo' music and how it can suck a lot of kids in. That the bands are really just cashing in on teenagers pain and angst, that they're not really suffering like they appear to be in the video clips. Well thanks for your helpful advice Grandpa. Firstly if I liked emo music I WOULD off myself and secondly isn't that like the entire history of music right there? I'm not sure what set this off. I was too angry to ask, I just sat there seething, thinking about the face he must make when he takes a shit and how satisfied he must be with himself afterwards. I also wondered if his penis had lost its bulk like the guy at the end of the street. I decided it probably had.

I don't know why I purposely gross myself out like this. But seriously, this is the person that people think is going to help me?

No comments: