Monday, February 9, 2009

So it turns out I'm cured. Though I didn't get a certificate like Homer that says I'm sane. I guess they didn't want to go out on a limb in case I snap and start attacking people in the street. Anyway I'm back at mums. It's amazing how much a towering inferno of flame can contribute to your sanity. We watched it on the news. 118 people dead, Kinglake wiped out. Everyone was getting really jumpy, when the power went out and they made us assemble in the basketball court to go through our fire plan in case the busses didn't make it in time. Some of the girls were really freaking out, sobbing hysterically. You could just tell if the fire came through here they'd fall to pieces, not remember anything. Anyway the busses came, we grabbed our stuff and got out. Mum was waiting for me at Lakes and the next thing I know we're on our way home. I think they just freaked, not knowing what to do with all these kids with the whole of Gippsland on fire. The whole way home we listened to these horror stories on AM radio about people who were surprised by the speed of the fire, got caught in their cars, almost died. It was awful, I tried to change it but mum wouldn't let me. She barely spoke to me, I could tell she was in shock.

Anyway it's nice to be back in my own bed again. I just found a can of bundy and grapefruit under my bed. I can't remember the last time I had a drink. I'm going to neck it before bed.

sweet dreams.

No comments: